Full Time Customer Service Representative
The York County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) is a charitable organization dedicated to providing long-term human and animal services to residents of York County through programs that find permanent, loving homes for displaced and stray animals, help control animal population growth, investigate and prosecute cruelty offenders and educate the general public about animal wellness and safety.
The York County SPCA is currently in search of full time, dedicated Customer Service Representatives to provide excellent customer service and basic animal care. Our Customer Service Representatives are the employees responsible for coordinating adoptions, adoption counseling, animal meet-n-greets, conducting animal surrenders, answering phone calls and returning messages.
The right individual will possess the following characteristics:
- Superior Customer Service Skills
- Positive attitude
- A desire to work with the community and provide education
- The ability to communicate in high-stress and emotionally-charged circumstances
- Dependable with solid transportation
- Possess basic computer and phone skills
- The ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Reliable transportation is a must. Employees must be able to get to work in snow and inclement weather.
- Supports the mission and values of the YCSPCA
- Experience in an animal shelter is a plus
- Animal handling experience is a plus
Please note that starting pay is based on experience
Our current hours are 8am - 4:30pm daily, but this will change once the shelter re-opens to the public.
Full time employees are scheduled to work 5 days per week 8 hour shifts to equal 40 hours. Part time employees are scheduled to work a maximum of 4 days per week. Schedules may vary depending on staffing and availability and include a mixture of week and weekend days.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
The YCSPCA is currently closed to the public. We are appointment only and the appointments are being conducted outside of the building. Inside of the building employees and volunteers are required to wear a mask and social distance.
- Are you available to work weekends?
- Please describe your animal care/handling experience.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- Animal handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
- One location
Communication method(s) used:
- In person
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place