The York County SPCA Spay/Neuter Clinic is located at the Brougher Companion Animal Shelter in York, PA. The Spay/Neuter clinic offers low-cost, high-quality spay/neuter services for dogs and cats in our community. The Spay/Neuter Clinic is a mission driven program, and has four overarching goals:
1. Provide spay/neuter services to as many animals in York County as possible.
Spay/neuter services not only prevent unwanted litters, but also provide numerous health benefits to our patients, including decreasing the risks of mammary cancer; eliminating chances of ovarian, uterine, and testicular cancer; and preventing life threatening conditions such as pyometra and testicular torsion. By preventing unwanted litters, we are decreasing the overall number of animals in our community who need homes.
2. Reach the under served population of animals and pet owners.
There are many options for York County residents looking to have their pet spayed or neutered. While we accept all clients and their pets through the spay/neuter clinic, regardless of means or county residency, we are especially dedicated to providing care to those animals in York County who might otherwise not see a veterinarian.
3. Educate pet owners about common diseases and ailments.
While we do not function as a primary care veterinary office, additional medical services such as vaccines, preoperative bloodwork, and parasite control are available at the time of spay/neuter. Education regarding common diseases and ailments can be provided by trained veterinary technicians. Pet owners are asked to follow up with their primary care veterinarian to ensure their pet receives any additional veterinary care he or she needs.
4. Provide excellent medical care at an affordable cost.
While our primary goal as a high-quality, high-volume spay/neuter clinic is to spay and neuter as many animals as possible in a safe and efficient manner, we also place great value on the individual medical care of each patient. Our clinic meets the AAHA standards of care, utilizes advanced anesthetic monitoring equipment, and employs staff with years of experience in high-volume surgery and veterinary medicine.
The Spay/Neuter Clinic will be closed on the following dates in 2022:
- Monday, May 30 (Memorial Day)
- Thursday, June 2
- Monday, July 4 (Independence Day)
- Friday, July 15 - Monday, July 18
- Monday, August 29 - Tuesday, August 30 (open for appointments only, no walk ins)
- Wednesday, August 31 - Monday, September 5 (Labor Day)
- Wednesday, September 14 - Wednesday, September 21
- Closed for TNR until September 26
- Wednesday, October 19
- Monday, October 24
- Thursday, November 24 - Friday, November 25 (Thanksgiving)
- Monday, December 26 - Monday, January 2